Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Journey

I am new to this “blog” thing. I have to admit that it is fun! I agree with what Jessica said, being able to write with “freedom”—not worried about who is judging you or what basis they are judging you on… it is empowering to see what I am capable of all on my own… how “nice and intelligent” I can sound speaking from my heart and speaking without fear…

This is a concept that I have had to overcome, slowly but surely. I am on my own journey of finding my inner intellect, confidence, what have you… all my years of education I had “educators” telling me what to say and how to say it, concluding with remarks that it was not good enough, not “smart” enough, not applicable, not important, not this, not that…. And for the first time I am finding that I AM capable, that I am intelligent…

I am not only learning this from my professors or from my friends in my department, but mostly from my students… they educate me as I educate them. They inspire me as I try and inspire them.

This is a powerful concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment